We at Bournemouth Wheelchair Rugby are excited to announce that ‘grinning dog records’ are to be new sponsors for our 2020/21 season. Bournemouth Wheelchair Rugby, part of Bournemouth Rugby Club, is Dorset’s sole wheelchair rugby team and attracts players from across the county and its surrounds.
Bournemouth Lions Wheelchair Rugby Vice-Chair. Becky Hill said, “We are delighted that grinning dog records are to come on board and be a major sponsor of our club. Their sponsorship will secure our future for the coming year and mean when Covid-19 restrictions have passed we can resume playing, training and competing, offering exciting opportunities for people with physical disabilities in Dorset to take part in this vibrant and dynamic sport. Grace, owner and founder of grinning dog records with husband Nick, has been a valued and central part of our team for several years and we are pleased that we as a club can support her new venture with husband Nick, with this new partnership”.
“We are so excited to be partnering up with Bournemouth Lions Wheelchair Rugby and help with promoting this all-inclusive sport and the power it holds both physically and mentally. Wheelchair rugby has massively helped me personally for years, and my husband, Nick, shares my passion so we are grateful we can give something back. We are both proud and committed to shouting about the positive impact this sport brings to so many and encourage anyone interested to give it a go, we would love to see Bournemouth Wheelchair Rugby grow and in a position to have enough players to enter into as many leagues as possible!”, Grace Capaldi, Owner/Founder of ’grinning dog records’.
Notes to Editors
- Wheelchair rugby is a sport for people with physical disabilities, governed by GBWR, https://gbwr.org.uk/
- Bournemouth Wheelchair Rugby relaunched under Bournemouth Rugby Club in 2019.
- Bournemouth Rugby additionally operates 4 Senior Teams, Academy, Girls, U6 – U16 Youth and Mini, Social and Performance Touch and Community Team Coaching in 13 local schools.
- Bournemouth Wheelchair Rugby is open to youth (from age 8) and adult members with any form of physical disabilities.
- The Club currently trains (albeit not whilst Covid-19 restrictions are in place), at Rossmore Leisure Centre, Herbert Avenue, Poole on Sundays between 11am and 2pm and welcomes new members.
- For anyone interested in joining, you can receive 4 free taster sessions. Please contact club secretary Craig Beasley at: email@example.com or Becky Hill at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please visit our facebook page at: #BournemouthLionsWheelchairRugby
- Grinning Dog Records was primarily set up to produce, market and distribute Nick Capaldi’s music. We are now expanding the business by opening a commercial recording studio called Echo Town Studio that specializes in vintage, analogue recording techniques as well as digital based locally in historic Dorchester. With Nick himself being a musician, we feel readily placed to expand to the next level and want to encourage people to keep embracing their love of music. Nick is streaming his home bar sessions to unite and keep focus on music as people relate and enjoy live gigs, so this is the next best thing! Community is one of our core values so during this much-dubbed ‘strange time’, we want to recognize the hard work that our key workers are doing throughout the country by offering a free CD to help boost moods and vibes. More info can be found using one of the links below or the best source of contact currently is via email.
- grinningdogrecords.com (not yet live- has splash page)
- echotownstudio.com (under construction)