What is Touch?
A great way to improve your fitness and have fun whether you're a guy or girl, 14 or 80, a beginner or seasoned player. Touch Rugby or TOUCH, as it is known, is a minimal contact sport that is played worldwide by men, women and children of all ages. The game emphasizes running, agility and ball handling skills such as passing and catching. Looking something similar to Rugby, without the tackling, scrumming, kicking and the like, the aim of the game is to score tries. Played on a flat surface, half the size of a conventional sports field, Touch rugby is “The Game taking the World by Storm”. The official governing body of the sport is the Federation of International TOUCH, and in England the England Touch Association.
Use the links below to find out more about Touch
> Visit England Touch Association website
> Visit O2 Touch website
> Visit In 2 Touch website
> See a video of Touch Rugby in action
Bournemouth touch teams
We run two levels of Touch every Thursday night:
- Our social O2 touch team aim is for it to be as light hearted as possible and as much about the fitness and social, as about the rugby. We hope it will have a much broader appeal and attract new members to the club. We welcome adult men and women of all ages, fitness levels and touch rugby experience.
- Our performance team compete in the Elite National Touch Series and have players representing the South West region and England. Sessions focus on improving skill levels and applying that in game time. We compete in tournaments across the South West and nationally, so this is a great opportunity to come and take your touch to the next level with some of the South’s best touch players.
Both teams come together for a run around at the end of the evening and most importantly a drink at the bar! We’re always on the look out for new players so please do get in TOUCH to find out more.
Want to get involved?
We offer a FREE 3 week Try-out for those new to Touch Rugby and just want to give it a try. You can then either sign up to one of our membership packages or choose the pay-as-you-go option for just £3 a session (if you just want to turn up now and again).
Training is Thursday night from 7.30pm to 8.30pm and then into the bar.
You can train in any sports clothing that you feel comfortable in, we train on grass so in the winter after rain, you will do well to have moulded stud boots to avoid sliding around too much. No rugby studs allowed.
For more information please get in touch with Bournemouth Touch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Visit our Facebook page: BournemouthTouch
Join our Facebook Group: BournemouthTouch
Join our Performance Touch Facebook Group: Bournemouth Touch – Performance Team
Follow us on Twitter: BmthTouch
For the third year in a row we announce that Touch rugby is FREE for all BRFC full members and player's. This is a great way Bournemouth Rugby can give back something to our valued members.
If you just want to turn up now and again you can just pay-as-you-go for £3 (all we require is that you sign up for a supporters membership - which is FREE of charge).
Full Membership includes:
- Bournemouth Sports Club Membership
- Quality Coaching - Touch
- Touch Rugby
- 10% Discount at the bar, kitchen and shop
- Apply for International tickets
- Full voting right
Performance Touch Membership - £80:
- Touch rugby sessions
- Entry to Elite National Touch Series Tournaments
- Touch rugby playing vest
- Quality sports club facilities
- 10% discount at the bar, kitchen and shop
A partnership with Bournemouth Rugby Club provides a great platform to promote your business, whether you are looking to build brand awareness locally or nationally, looking for a 'one stop shop' to enhance your corporate social responsibility value, or have hospitality requirements.
We offer bespoke packages to suit your business needs and budget, which range from advertising at the ground right through to hospitality, B2B and B2C opportunities. These include exposure on our website, social media outlets, PR, monthly newsletter and kit branding from juniors through to our 1st XV and access to International tickets.